Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Spam cloud (spam spam spam spam spam)

Getting a forum off the ground is one of the hardest things to do when building a website. It just is. So I'd like to take the time out to thank the spammers who have been inundating the Openned forum with a volume of junk hitherto unknown to humankind.

So far I've been deleting them. Then it got me thinking one day, partly out of ennui, partly out of interest - what if I left it? What if Steve and I just left the forum to grow into a giant spam cloud? Think of the poetic possibilities. It would be like a freeloading repository of found material to do wild and weird things with. Openned readers could dip in and out when they wanted a bit of hypertext free of poetic pretensions yet still vibrant and grabbing.

I'll have to talk it over with Steve of course. He's still in China. Drop us an e-mail or a comment though, and let us know what you think. You may just sway us one way or another.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home